What do I need to know about crossing the US-Canada border into Point Roberts?
« Back to Frequently Asked Questions
American and Canadian citizens and permanent residents can generally cross the US-Canada border with few restrictions. Here are a few things to keep in mind before crossing the border:
- Anyone under 18 travelling without both of their parents must have a letter of authorization, signed by the absent parent(s).
- Do not bring fresh produce to the border, especially apples; frozen or processed food is okay.
- Make sure all pets qualify under border crossing regulations. Bring documents of recent vaccinations with you.
- Know what your duty-free exemptions are for returning to Canada.
- Note that because Canadian real estate agents do not have working rights in the United States, they are not allowed to cross the border with clients. Please contact us for further information.
You can find more information about border crossing on our blog.