What do I need to know about crossing the US-Canada border into Point Roberts?

American & Canadian citizens and permanent residents can generally cross the US-Canada border with few restrictions. Here are a few things to keep in mind before crossing the border:

  • Anyone under 18 travelling without both of their parents must have a letter of authorization, signed by the absent parent(s).
  • Do not bring fresh produce to the border, especially apples; frozen or processed food is okay.
  • Make sure all pets qualify under border crossing regulations. Bring documents of recent vaccinations with you.
  • Know what your duty-free exemptions are for returning to Canada.

You can find more information about border crossing on our blog.

« Back to Frequently Asked Questions